It this article we will explain how you apply for life insurance. Although it may sound very complicated, we make the process easy.
How does an immigrant apply for life insurance?
The first step in applying for life insurance if you are an immigrant is to find someone qualified to help you through the life insurance application process. You will also want someone who will help you understand the right amount of insurance to purchase and for what length of time. You don’t want to be over insured, but at the same time, you don’t want to be underinsured.
If you’re new to life insurance shopping, all the terms and features of a life insurance policy can be confusing. The requirements for life insurance for a green card holder are different from the requirements for life insurance for an H1B visa holder, for example.
If you have questions about life insurance proceeds to a noncitizen spouse, life insurance beneficiaries on non-US citizens, or life insurance to non-resident aliens, you will need concrete answers to these questions. These are issues that most life insurance agents don’t know how to answer.
Most life insurance agents that work for insurance agencies that sell auto and home insurance are hourly workers. They have very general training in the specific products that their company offers. They are generalists, opposed to specialists.
It is important you apply to a life insurance company that will approve your application the first time. Getting a life insurance policy declined will hurt your chances of getting life insurance in the future. It’s essential to get your life insurance application right the first time.
So, how do I apply for life insurance?
1. Work with a trusted insurance agent to find out how much life insurance you need, and how much you can get approved for by the insurance companies. We are experts in this domain; we can help you.
2. Find an insurance company that will view your immigration status, age, and health favorably. You need to talk to a life insurance agent you trust and who will have your best interests in mind. Your agent also needs to have lots of experience in helping immigrants, like yourself, get protected with life insurance.
3. Complete an application and send it to the insurance company. We will help you with the application process. All paperwork will need to be signed while you are in the United States.
4. If you have experienced medical problems in the past, make sure you have access to your medical records and they are translated into English. The insurance company will ask for them, and this will speed up the approval process.
5. Depending on your immigration status, we can apply for a non-medical exam life insurance policy, or a fully underwritten life insurance policy. A non-medical life exam does not require a visit by a medical professional.
A fully underwritten life insurance policy will require a short visit by a medical professional to get a blood and urine specimen from you. Your insurance agent will help you schedule this visit. There is no cost to you for the short exam.
6. Wait for approval – If you are taking a nonmedical exam life insurance policy, we can often get approval within one to two weeks. If you are applying for a fully underwritten life insurance policy, the process can between 6 and 8 weeks for approval.
7. Some companies need a signature when you receive your life insurance policy; some companies don’t require signatures. Some companies will email you your life insurance policy; some companies will mail you your life insurance policy. Also, some insurance companies will mail your policy to your insurance agent, who will then send it to you. The delivery requirements are different for each insurance company. Make sure you understand the delivery requirements for your life insurance policy after approval.
8. Pay your premium – your life insurance policy will not be valid until you pay your first premium. It is important to understand when your life insurance policy will go into force, and exactly when you will start receiving protection. You want to make sure that when you die, the life insurance money will be there to protect your family, loved ones, and business!
All of those steps sound complicated!
Although there are some requirements necessary to get life insurance in the United States, the process is easy if you have the right life insurance agent. In most cases, it will take less than an hour of your time to get your family, loved ones, or business protected for the next 20 to 30 years, or, in some cases, even longer.
Your life insurance agent will handle most of the work for you. You will just have to supply some information to your life insurance agent, be available in case there are any follow-up questions, and supply blood in urine to a medical professional if you are looking for a fully underwritten life insurance policy. If you select a nonmedical life insurance policy, we can help you get you a life insurance policy by talking to you on the phone.
At immigrantlifeinsurance.com, we take pride in helping protect the lives and assets of the immigrants who contribute to the greatness of the United States. We view your trust in us is a solemn responsibility. We look forward to helping you get the life insurance you want, need, and deserve.